Saturday 19 November 2016

BABAJI REMOVES SUSPICION FROM DEVOTEE’S MIND


BABAJI REMOVES SUSPICION FROM DEVOTEE’S MIND & REVEALS HIS TRUE IDENTITY
Ramesh Chandra Sharma
Assistant School Teacher
Village Lohban, P.O. Lohban, Dist. Mathura, U.P.

For many years I had been enjoying the blessings and love of my Sadguru Mahendra Baba and have always been fully convinced that he and Bhagwan Hairakhan are one Lord in two physical forms. When Shri Mahendra Baba took his mahasamadhi, there remained a void which could not be filled. At first, I felt sad beyond expression, but then remembered his words, which also contained the essence of the teaching “If your devotion is genuine, and you are truly aware of Bhagwan’s blessings, if you surrender to Him fully, then you can always make Him come to you.” The truth of this statement I came to realize more and more.

Sometimes I would dream of Bhagwan Hairakhan in the body of Mahendra Maharaj who always instructed me to keep on praying for Bhagwan’s reappearance. One night I had a dream that Mahendra Maharaj was lying on the ground dead and that his devotees including myself, were weeping and moving for him. I took hold of the lotus feet of our dead Sadguru and prayed: “When you were still in our midst, we were always sure that you are Bhagwan Hairakhan Himself : If indeed this is true, then why don’t you grant us a sign that you raise yourself up and give us your divine darshan. There is nobody else in the world on whom we can rely.” And there and then he left his dead body, went up the steps that led to the cave and sat on the third one in lotus posture. When they saw this, his devotees started to dance with happiness. My heart was so overjoyed that I woke up. For me this was a sure sign Sri Bhagwan had reappeared.

I told this dream to a pujari (priest) of my acquaintance, but he took it very lightly and said, “Dreams are dreams, you can’t model your life on them. We have cremated Mahendra Maharaj’s body with our own hands; our Guru Maharaj is no more.

A few days later this same Pujari came to the village of Lohban where I live, telling me that he had received a letter from a brother disciple, in which he was informed of Bhagwan Hairakhan’s reappearance and that His identity is authentic beyond any doubt. Bhagwan Hairakhan has been sitting in Siddhasana in Hairakhan Cave.

Now more than ever I felt that Mahendra Maharaj was Baba Hairakhan Himself and that He has reappeared in the divine body of Babaji. Being the almighty Himself, He may assume any form He pleases. My wish to go and have the darshan of Babaji became very strong and one day along with some fellow disciples, I went to Hairakhan. We arrived there on Sunday, at 7 p.m. I saw Him sitting in the asana on the third step, just as I had seen Him in my dream, when he rose from the dead, also He was wearing the same clothes as in the dream.

In the beginning Bhagwan used to speak very little. Some times when he spoke it would be in Hindi, but mostly He only spoke these words ”Ghura Ghura Nani Nani” (Come; come, boy…”) We did not understand their meaning, but they sounded very sweet and divine from His mouth. I loved these words so much that I started imitating Bhagwan and repeated these words to myself, whenever I was sitting alone.

The journey had made me feel very tired and, after taking some tea, I slept peacefully on the stones. Bhagwan had asked us to take our morning bath between 2:30 and 3:00 a.m. It was very cold, but I did have a dip in the river Gautami and actually enjoyed it. Then I sang some devotional songs, and gradually people from the village stated coming in crowds for Babaji’s darshan.

At about 9 a.m. I again had Baba’s darshan but when I saw His new young body, I began to have doubts and was wondering very seriously, whether this young saint really was Baba Hairakhan. I was afraid lest we had come to the wrong saint, and would thereby offend our Sadguru. I spoke of this to one of the devotees present saying that since this saint has come to Baba’s cave all those who are eager to see Baba Hairakhan again in their midst, will start imagining that He reappeared: this young man however cannot be our Bhagwan. At the same time I began to pray very earnestly that if He had really reappeared He should give me proof of His identity where by I may believe Him.

As I was speaking in this manner with my fellow disciple, I saw Baba beckoning towards me. I went up to Him, bowed and then stood near Him with folded hands. He asked me : “Son, which books have you brought?” I told him that I had a copy of “Divya Kathamrit” by Mahendra Maharaj and a copy of a collection of devotional songs. When he asked me
again I suddenly remembered that I also had with me a copy of Prabhhu. I told Baba about this copy and He asked me to take it out of my bag. Without looking at it, Bhagwan leafed through it, the He suddenly stopped at one page, put His finger on one line and asked me to read it. All the time Prabhu had been smiling at me and had not once looked at the book. I mean which had been observing Prabhu’s lila. The line read as follows: ‘My heart, you have forgotten, Your Sadguru is Shankar (a name of Shiva) Himself”. This line was written in my father’s own hand writing. I prostrated that Bhagwan had taken me into His fold. All my doubts were dispelled in an instant by this indication of His omniscience.